Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Polar Bear Plunge

This last weekend I paticipated in the annual Polar Bear Plunge. Yes, it was cold...just if you were wondering. I joined Team Ngata of which half were members from our ward. Haloti Ngata plays for the Baltimore Ravens and he is in our ward. He plunged 24 times in the previous 24 hours so he didn't actually plunge with us but we all raised money for his team. We raised over $8000 for the special olympics. It was pretty awesome. We even had another ex-Baltimore Raven come down and support us. Ed Mulitalo came down from Detroit to plunge with us. He used to be in our ward but he got traded to the Detroit Lions last year. It was pretty dang awesome. After the plunge Ed and Haloti took the ward members from the plunge team out to eat. It was a pretty sweet Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

That's funny. I watched that on the news and just thought... what kind of nut....??? Just kidding. Good cause - I must say.

The Parents said...

BRRRRRR! I saw that on the news too and thought.... I'm so glad that you are having fun!

Unknown said...

That looks like a ton of fun! But I just wanted to add that my family has a blog now. Marshall talked us into it, so fill free to check it out. I'm slowly trying to get it up & running, so I"m sorry if there isn't much on there.

Starley Family said...

Funny that at art class this weekend we were talking about all the 'crazies' that did the plunge. Nice to know that I am aquainted with a few of 'em. Way to go guys! Impressive fundraising.