Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Cutie, Pa-tootie Husband and Me

What's her name? That's right, her. Jeffrey Bryce Carter, goes by Bryce
How long have you been married? Just under seven years and no itch.
How long did you date? 5 months and engaged 2 but you might count the break up in the middle which only last for about 3 weeks (over Thanksgiving break)
How old is he? 29 will be the big 3 0 in July!
Who eats more? I think I snack more (maybe), but Bryce can totally eat more than me at a sit down meal.
Who is taller? Technically him, but I think I "stand taller"(meaning better posture), so give me a few points.
Who said 'I love you' first? I'm pretty sure I realized I was in love first, though I don't remember saying it at the time. I guess maybe I did.
Who does the laundry? All the time, me! Bryce doesn't check for stains in the kids clothes and he'll dry my undryable shirts. He forgets to put softener in the washer sometimes . . . it's just easier if I do it myself.
Who does the dishes? I do the little dishes during the day and leave the big stuff (pots, pans, mixing bowls) and annoying things (bottles mostly) for him! Almost always though, whether I wash them or not, I end up taking care of them. This is one area though I'm so glad Bryce helps with. We don't have a dish washer right now and he will wash til he drops. (I also take advantage of that after we have a lot of company over.)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Bryce may like sleeping by the door, it's true, but right now I claim that spot, just in case kids wake up. However, that doesn't happen very much anymore, so I think I might lose my place pretty soon!
Who pays the bills? I do hate money! I give it away right and left so that I don't have to worry about it! The only bills I pay are the automatic things, like Blockbuster, but we just cancelled that so . . . I guess I don't pay any bills!
Who mows the lawn? That would be my man of muscle. Not that I can't, and ask my Dad I used to mow lawns all the time, but if I had my druthers . . I'd druther not.
Who cooks dinner? I do. But Bryce is right. He's a big help and has given a lot of good Filipino recipes from his mission.
Who sings better? Bryce has a really good voice, I think he sounds wonderful, but I've had more training than him, so I'd better sound better! Just kidding.
Who drives when you are together? Bryce.
Who is more stubborn? Probably me. Just about certain things though. I more than willing to let Bryce wear the pants in our family except when it comes to kids, laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. However, we work together really well.
Who is smarter? Well, if Donald Trump had to decide he'd definently fire me. Bryce has got brains and a memory to boot. I know stuff and consider myself intelligent, but I'm a scatter brain and can't remember where I heard or learned what a lot of times, so . . . there you go.
Who kissed who first? Bryce thrives on this story. So, yeah, it's pretty much how he said. He tried to kiss me first while studying "chemistry" but I wasn't ready. So, I got ready and made a move a few days later. He didn't want it . . . until two minutes later when he realized I'd actually just tried to kiss him. What a nerd.
Who asked who out first? Bryce asked me. And he was pretty lucky, but even after I got his note, I had to ask my roommates who the heck he was. After they explained I was like "Oh, the Digger boy!" (We were high school rivels for those that didn't know and I still beg the question . . . What's a Digger anyway? What kind of a mascot is that? ; ) )
Who proposed? Again, he told the story true. I just wish it would have been a little warmer outside!
Who is more sensitive? Bryce . . . sensitive??? He's about as sensitive as Michael Scott on "The Office." No, for real, he can be so cute and cuddely, so soft and say the mushiest things. And sometimes he even batts his eyes and will cry with me when I've had a hard day . . . in my dreams.
Who has more friends? Bryce tells it like it is. We have mutual friends.
Who has more siblings? Again, Bryce is the wiener, I'm mean winner.
Who wears the pants in the family? I'm more than happy to let the pant's wearer be Bryce. He's an excellent leader and wonderful husband and father. I trust him completely and would follow his instruction no matter what . . . except like I said with kids, and laundry, and cleaning the bathroom (and maybe right not what should be packed and moved to the storage shed to show our house).

That's my view on everything! So, now I tag . . . Christine, Stacey, Katie, and Cody, who all replied or asked me when I was going to post this!

3 comments:

Abs said...

Good job Measers. You really are a cute blogger and you should add some entries about the kids and your day more often. I think everyone would really enjoy it. I do however understand why you don't, so no pressure. I love you lots and lots! I want you to know that I approved of Bryce right after our first jog together and I don't believe I will ever stop.

The Wynn Family said...

So I was looking at a friends blog and came across yours... Hey that's my cousin!! I'm so glad you have a blog. It has been forever since we have seen you guys. We never seem to be back home to Idaho when you guys are. Your family is darling! If you want to check out what we are doing our blog is www.thewynnfamily.blogspot.com
We be checking back, often
Danielle

Sara said...

Amy... I'm so glad you posted on my blog! I have to remember to add you on my "list"! You're family is so dang cute and I can't believe you have a kid in school! You're only 25 and my oldest is only 4!

Anyway, congrats on your husband passing his boards! That's so awesome. (i happened to be looking at your blog when he posted). ha ha! What a relief though huh? I bet you're glad it's over. or does he have more???

anyway, I'll be checking up with you!