Sunday, February 17, 2008

ZOOBA

Ok, I have been waiting to blog to see if Amy would respond to my challenge and answer the spouse brag tag. I guess I will continue to wait. In the meantime, the last two weeks have been good. I have been over at the Hospital doing a rotation with the oral surgeons. I have watched several cancer surgeries, facial reconstructions, motor vehical facial fractures, and a gunshot wound to the face. It was pretty cool to see all the stuff but it will be nice to get back to the simple drillings and fillings.

Jackon took his first steps this week. I know that should be the big blog news this week, but we haven't video-taped it yet, so we are going to wait until we get video of it. Maybe next week.

Ok, so I never used to like reading but I have recently become a bookworm. I joined an online book club. It is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to read and wants to build up their personal library. The way it works is you pay $10 per month. Then you create a queue of books that you want. Then every month they send you a hardcover book from you queue. So basically you get a hardcover book every month for $10. They have a ton of books. There is no shipping charge either. I really like it. You all should check out the website at http://www.zooba.com/

I am a huge fan of the historical non-fiction genre. I never used to read a lot until I started reading this particular genre. I started off with the Personal Memiors of Ulysses S. Grant. It is awesome. So for all of those out there that claim they don't like to read, give historical non-fiction a try.

Here are a couple books that you may want to read to get started. The first two books are written by pulitzer prize winning authors. Great books. Start with 1776.

So anyways, I hope you all look at the website and sign up. I always want to give a shout out for the websites that I like in hopes that they stay in business. I think it is a really good deal. And just if you were wondering I am not part of any other book clubs. Some of my friends have suggested that I am probably part of the Oprah book club. This is nonsense. How can I support a book club that supports "Yo Mama Obama." Oops, I talked politics on my blog. I broke my vow not to mention politics. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the title to this post, I thought you were going to comment about nerdy BYU students, aka zoobies. Thanks for the book recommendations, I'll have to look into them.

Unknown said...

David McCullough spoke at my college graduation, and he is one of my father's favorites. You should check out "John Adams." I'll check with my dad for more recommendations for you...historical non-fiction is his favorite genre, too. He received at least a dozen books for Christmas this year between his three daughters!

Rachelle said...

Living in the East has really intensified my interest in American History. I will have to try those books. By the way - Annie Lawson has been reading my blog - but I can't get to hers because she has it blocked. I don't know how else to contact her. Do you have her email address?