Monday, August 4, 2008

What a...two...weeks...it has been

Ok so it has been a couple weeks since I last posted. But a lot has changed. I will start off by telling a story about Madison and my mom, Granny Robin. So she was over here the other day and she and Madison were playing Memory. Madison was totally schooling her. Granny Robin was trying as hard as she could but Madison is really really good at Memory. Madison ended up doubling Granny Robins score. This was truly a legitimate butt kicking. So right after that the kids were headed to bed and Granny Robin was in the room. Right before Madison laid down she said, "Granny, next time I won't use my brain when I play you." Oh, why not Madison? "Well I want you to have a chance at winning."
So that is the funny story for the week. In other news I got transfered to the Duluth office.
Crappy part: Really long commute (1 hour 10 minutes), Equipment is older, Assistant is not as well trained.
Good part: I am own my own pretty much calling all the shots (except major expenditures), Ability treatment plan and treat all the patients that come in, My production (and consequently my income) is totally in my hands.
All in all I like it but the one thing that out weighs everything else is the commute. My boss is opening a new practice in Monroe, GA which will be opening in October. Once that is open I will be transferring down there. That will only be a 10 minute drive. So for the time being I am getting a taste of solo practice, and I like it.
The other big news is that we are moving to a house. There is some uncertainty as to whether or not we will be in GA long term so we didn't feel the time was right to buy. So we will be renting. Good Part: Much closer to work, Much bigger house (by like 900 square feet), huge fenced in back yard (actually a dirt patch with sporadic vegetation, but who's counting), pool in the neighborhood, 4 bed 3 bath, 3 car garage, way better schools, only $75 more than we are paying now, makes it so we don't have to move in December when the baby is due.
Bad Part: We have to move again, we are starting to make friends in this ward.
The Good definitely outweigh the bad.

This kitchen ought to keep Amy happy.And we have a screened porch. Who doesn't like one of those. Notice our huge fenced in dirt patch.

Other big news: Amy is getting an ultrasound today so hopefully we will know the sex of the baby. More details to follow.

11 comments:

Abs said...

That is a HUGE kitchen. Let's do Thanksgiving at your house this year. :) I can't wait to find out what you are having. I hope that baby cooperates. See you guys in a few weeks!

Lance and Caetie said...

Your house is beautiful! It definitely looks big enough to hold a family of 5 visiting from Kansas City.....

Caetie

Hamblin Family said...

Okay, did we miss something? You're pregnant? YEA, congratulations! Love the house and a fenced in yard- major plus even if it is only dirt for now. Sorry about your commute.

Rachelle said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! and Congrats!! That would be on your new position, new house and new baby. I didn't know you guys were expecting again. Fun!!! Good luck with it all.

Christine said...

Yea.. a house! Love the kitchen and BIG backyard! Can't wait to find out what you are having. Miss you guys.

The Wynn Family said...

I love the house... How exciting! It sounds like things are going well. How is your mom doing by the way? It has been forever since I have seen her.

Lisa said...

I'm waiting for the post about the baby! Congrats on the house. I want to live in a house, but our lease is a year long and it really isn't fun moving.

Lawson Family said...

Hello! This is new news to us about a new baby! That's so exciting!! Good for you guys!!

That house looks so perfect for a growing family. It's hard being in a transitional phase, huh? I can't wait to settled down in a house too.

Carter Clan said...

WOW AMAZING.. it's about time you blogged again. I think it's so funny that it's you and not Amy blogging. Grats on the move to the new office what a great opportunity for you, and the house is beautiful. This is so wonderful for your family. You know, if you want, they are building some new houses next to us, I'm sure we could always find you a job here. Lots of bad teeth in Tooele. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool news about your job Bryce. Dentistry rules and so is much better than dental school....so, so, so, so, so much better. I am so jealous that you are moving into a house with a yard. Maybe next spring that will be us.

Rachel said...

HUGE NEWS> I'm glad that you guys are doing awesome with work and now the house and the baby.... congratulations. We are soo excited for you.