Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Post About Preston

So we LOVE our little gangly boy, Preston. He is a super cute boy. He is like 3.5 feet tall and like 34 pounds, yeah, tall and skinny. He just turned 4 and so I thought I would post a few pics. He wanted to have a baseball party but we were getting drilled by the remnants of Tropical storm Fay so we were rained out. Instead we watched a baseball movie at our office theater. He had a huge haul with the gifts. This is the cute cake and cupcakes that Amy made. She has a cupcake recipe book. So Preston started Pre-K also. Listen how ridiculous this is. Elementary school starts before all the other schools. Since Madison and Preston ride the bus they have to catch the bus at 6:30 am. Can you freakin beleive how early that is. We have to get them up at 5:45. That is insane for a new 4 year old. This wasn't even the half day Pre-K it was all day. We were debating whether or not to even start Preston this year but we figured we would try it. After about a week he came home in tears saying that he didn't want to go back. I think it was just too much. We pulled him out and are going to look for a Pre-K that is like 3 half-days per week. Bless his heart though, he gave it a try.
All ready for school.

11 comments:

Deon said...

Too cute! Love the cake, Amy! Well, educators sometimes just don't think too logically, do they? I'd said it was a wise move to try out the PreK, and another wise one to pull him out when it wasn't right!
An office theater??? Do tell!

Lance and Caetie said...

That's pretty freakin early man.

Carter Clan said...

We had to get up that early in Louisiana, maybe it's an eastern school thing, but for a little guy.. yeah probably too much... The doctor did prescribe thrush medicine.. just some liquid we give her 4 times a day. She's doing much better.

Katie said...

I can't believe it was FOUR years ago we were living with you guys and Joey took you to the hospital to have this dear little one. And I remember you didn't have a name - in fact, the first time I even heard Preston was after you had already named him. You are pretty spontaneous. He is such a sweet, sweet boy. So, what happened to 9:00am elementary school? It's earlier here too. Hey - what do you say we visit you dudes. I think ATL is only about 7 hours away. We found a triathlon we might want to do and when we found out it was in GA we got so excited cause we could make a trip out of it and see you guys! It's at the end of October. We actually don't know anything about it but maybe we'll look into it. Love yas.

hartleyhouse said...

Wow. That is way too early for pre-k!
We were thinking of coming to see you on our way home from Disney, but we don't have your new number or anything. Email me at hartleyhouse@gmail and we can coordinate. Isabelle really misses Madison (and we miss you guys too!)

Laura

Abs said...

I love that little "BUGGA" (am I still allowed to call him that?) I really wish he could stay a little boy forever. He really is my favorite boy in the world (at least until my boy is here).

Holly said...

Cute, cute cute Preston. He is such a sweet boy. I am missing your cute kids. I miss seeing the awesome hair cuts Amy would give Preston. (that was a serious comment, you really did an awesome job cutting his hair!)

Holl

Starley Family said...

Super cute cake Ames! Bummer about Preston...but I agree that if you think he had too much to look elsewhere. Such great parents!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

So he graduated early!! I cannot believe how early that is! Way to go preston.

Rachel said...

Dude, I'd be a pre-K dropout too if it was that early. What the heck. Who needs pre-K anyway. You could move to NY and do Joy School with me!

Dave and Mel said...

Hey there! I second the idea of you guys coming to NY and doing joy school with us! It was great to get caught up on you guys and I can't believe how big your kiddos are too! last time I saw you was right before Jackson was born (I think) - time flies!! Congrats on boy #3 and I'm glad things are going so well for you (besided the commute :)
later- Melanie