Monday, April 20, 2009

Where Have We Been???

Well I have been meaning to blog for the past little while but I have been so busy it seems like I can always find something that seems more important than blogging. I apologize to all of our fans out there but, hey, that's life.
So about 2 months ago "Hotlanta" was nailed by a huge snowstorm. Now I say that fully expecting the condescending corrections that surely will follow from all the "Snow Authorities" out west. But give us a little slack here. Six inches was a pretty big deal for Georgia. After throwing together an eclectic mix of ill-fitting snow attire we were able to build a snowman.

The storm left us powerless for about 16 hours. It was awesome. Luckily we have a gas stove and a gas fireplace. We busted out some of the camping gear and had ourselves a camporee. The kids all slept in the living room and Amy and I nestled down under our goose-down comforter.

For Easter we had a little egg hunt for the kids. It was pretty fun but unfortunately these were the only real pictures that we got of Easter. Other than that it has been life as usual.

We actually have decided to stay in the area for at least another 5 years. Long term we haven't decided exactly which career path we want to take. I figure we'll figure it out sooner or later. In the meantime we have decided to buy a mortgage!!! This is the house the mortgage will be on. I was somewhat reluctant to post pictures until we closed on it in case our loan didn't go through but everything seems to be in line. We close on Cinco de Mayo.

This is our view out the front. It is right across from the community access to a 220 acre lake/reservoir. There are a lot of shallows which means it is a bass fishers paradise. I don't bass fish but, I may have to pick it up. After it is a done deal I will post some more pictures of the house. I would hate to post them and then find out our loan didn't go through or something.

20 comments:

Katie said...

Scarlett? Is that you? Living your dream life - in a mansion in Georgia. Nice. Will you name it Tara? Congratulations you guys. It is gorgeous. Ok, ok we will come and stay with you in your amazing new house. jeesh, you didn't have to go to all that trouble just for us. :-)

The Wynn Family said...

Holy Cow!!! Sign me up for being a dentist. Nice house!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big news indeed. I must admit that I'm saddened you won't be able to regularly come hunt the mulies with me. But my gosh, nice house and nice bass lake. It looks like fun for you and your family. We still haven't closed on our house(grrrrrrr) but are getting really close. We'll send you pics when we do. Oh, by the way, does this mean you are buying in? Congrats again on the set up.

Lawson Family said...

Wow! That house is massive!! How exciting for you guys!

Lance and Caetie said...

To borrow from "Rockstar" by Nickelback, you got "a brand new house on an episode of Cribs" Can you play baseball in your bathroom?

Lance

Katie said...

Wowzer!! that is a MANSION! Congrats to you guys! I can't believe the snowstorm...in GEORGIA! I mean, we were used to it in Idaho, but down south? Crazy! Keep the posts coming, we love the updates!

Danielle Bullock said...

Huge house! I'm so excited for you guys! wow! Snow in Georgia? Man things are exciting with you guys. Keep us posted! haha

Andy and Micah said...

Thanks for the post on our Blog. We are in PA for Andy's school,for 2 more years. I love the view from your house it will be nice to have the lake right by you. You'll have a lot of fun activities at your finger tips.

Rachel said...

Holy moly you guys must be loaded! :) It does have a modern Gone with the Windish feel to it. Really cool. Hope it works our for you. I wish we could come and check out the Georgia bass fish. If you want, you guys can come and see our authentic NY cockroaches. It would be a blast to see you again.

Rachel said...

I LOVE IT. I can't even show caleb because he will be soo jealous of the sweet fishing in your front yard. The house is beautiful that's really fun for you guys.
Good luck with everything.

Abs said...

Love the snowy picts! You got way more than us this winter. I can't wait to see the house in person.

Carter Clan said...

oh it's my dream southern house. it's the one thing I don't like about Utah, no southern style houses :) It's gorgeous congrats you guys!

Holly said...

What a cozy little house!!!! Ü

Actually, it's HUGE and very pretty I might add. It looks like you guys are doing well!!! We miss you all.

Hol

Amber said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well. Fun little camping adventure with the kiddos, I bet they loved it. And beautiful house! Love the style of it. Hope it all comes through for you.

Grandma Lois said...

I sure am looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!! I think you will need to put an elevator in that house for when Grandma's come to visit!! Keep on blogging a little more often! Love, Grandma Lois

Starley Family said...

Love the house you guys. Wow! I guess if we are ever in the area we wont have to look up a hotel. Your place will be plenty big enough for everyone! Seriously that is so cool! We know what you mean about the holding out til closing. Closing is on Friday for us. The loan's been approved but I still feel like someone's going to tell us otherwise.

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

WOW!! That is what I call a Mansion, oh I mean house!! Georgia must have been where it is at. Love it guys, miss you,
The lintons

Campbell's said...

congrats on the new beautiful house and we had alot of fun also in the snow. What a great treat we got with all that snow!

Spencer said...

Bryce......maybe you could catch me a delicious Bass.

Jennifer Cleaver said...

Hey Bryce--congrats on the big house. That is exciting news. Hey, Preston wanted to get your number, so could you please email him with your phone number. Here is his email--preddie_4@yahoo.com

Thanks!