Friday, March 6, 2009

Disney World

Check out Preston's pose. I think he was trying to be a pirate.
So this is a few weeks old but it happened to be one of the best vacations that we have ever taken. We were invited to go to Disney World. Two families were going down during intercession(it is a week that the kids are out of school. They do this so that all the stupid kids can stay in school and catch up) One of the families, the Browns, own a vacation home in Orlando that is about 30 minutes from Disney. It was a really nice house with a pool, a 62 inch plasma, and a game room with Wii and PS3. It was nice to go on vacation and not have to pay for lodging (Thanks the Browns).
So we were down there for 5 days and three of those days we just hung out at the house and went to church. On Monday we went to Animal Kingdom. That was really fun. We went to several of the shows. Lion King was our favorite. The kids really liked the park but I think they all liked Magic Kingdom better. The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. They kids loved it. We watched the show that they do in front of the castle. We went on as many of the rides as we could. Madison and Preston loved Splash Mountain. I was a little surprised b/c I thought the drop at the end would freak them out but they did really well. Jackson was a trooper. He is potty training and for some reason we didn't put him in a pull up either day and he stayed dry until the end of the both days. Around 7 o'clock each day it was like Old Faithful. I guess we can handle one accident per day considering the situation. Anyways it was a wonderful vacation and we had a great time.
Madison rode Everest with me. On all the big drops she kept saying, "I'm going to puke, I'm going to puke, I'm going to puke!!" She didn't and at the end she had a really fun time.All the kids loved Small World.Garrett even approved and smiled for the camera. Here are the kids sporting their new hats.

11 comments:

Katie said...

wow!! looks like you guys had a blast! I guess one of these days we'll get down to disney world for Livi and Spencer..one day! :)

tiff snedaker said...

What a fun trip!!

The Wynn Family said...

Fun! We always are big fans of Disney... anything. I would like to say it is mostly because our kids love it (which they do) but I think I enjoy it just as much as they do! It looks like you guys had a great time!

adventure knitter said...

when were you guys down there? We were just there 2 weeks ago! totally fun family vacation.

Abs said...

I'm so jealous! Next time you better invite us to come with you, or we should just plan a trip together. I think Garrett and Wes look a little alike, I guess we will see soon.

The Parents said...

Way Awesome!!! I just love the pics! Garrett doesn't look like any of the kids in those pictures. It is amazing when we don't see the kids very often how fast they are growing up. What a great family you have.
Love ya lots, Mom, Mary, Nana

The Smith's said...

We had such a great time with you guys over the days we had in Orlando, your family is lots of fun. The kids had so much fun, and just as one of the other posts said I think that the adults had just as much if not more. It is truly one of the happiest places on earth!!! Thanks for the fun and all the great late night discussions! Love the Smith's

Lance and Caetie said...

Very impressed with your family. They already look more grown up than they were when we visited you (especially Garrett!)

Lunch

Christine said...

see blogs are a good way to keepn contact....
I cant find your home number and didnt have your email could you call me today please? Have a question for ya!

Starley Family said...

That's awesome that we were both hangin with Mickey! I love that your kids were such troopers. Tell Madison that I think she gets her, "I think I'm gonna puke" from her mom. Or at least I can totally hear you saying that for some reason. We must have been pregnant together.

Amber said...

What a fun trip. I am glad that you guys got to go. Fun to be able to do while the kids are still little and Disney is still full of magic!