Sunday, July 6, 2008

Welcome to ATLANTA

So we are starting to settle down here in Athens. I started work this week. I work in Winder which is about a 20 minute drive for me. This picture shows you where I work (B) and where we live (A) realtive to Atlanta.Let me tell all my dental amigos out there that have yet to start working that, working with an assistant rocks. I did RCT on #19 in about 45 minutes. That included the core buildup. Having someone set up and break down for you and handle all the lame stuff makes dentistry 100 times cooler. My boss is awesome too. He just had me assist and observe this week to learn the procedures around the office. He had me see about 4-5 patients a day. The best part about all this is that I am actually making money for doing it. I love the fact that I am getting paid to do something that I love to do. Anywho, enough about the job.

On the 3rd of July we went to Stone mountain GA. They put on a huge laser show and firework display. It was awesome. Stone Mountain is argued by many experts to be the largest exposed piece of solid granite in the world. El Capitan in Yosemite is taller but Stone mountain is larger. It also has the worlds largest bas-relief carving.

In typical southern style the carving depicts Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and Jefferson Davis mounted on horseback. This project was largely funded by the KKK and the Daughters of the Confederacy.


Other than that not much is going on. Amy and the kids spends a few hours everyday down at the pool. They have met some really cool people. Here is a picture of our pool.

8 comments:

Deon said...

Cool! Can you come do my root canal?? Ha ha - we are so happy that things are going well. No one deserves it more than you. I must say our "side" of the chapel is too dang boring without you guys, the Macs, and the Richins, etc. We miss you, but now we can add another state where we can get our teeth fixed if needed. HUGS to Amy!!

The Parents said...

So glad to hear after all the schooling you are lovin' what your doin'. It would be the pits to put all that effort into a profession then hate it. Sometimes happens. That is awesome to see the pix. Looks like fun in the sun.
Love you all, Mom, Mary

The Wynn Family said...

Yeah! I can't wait to move on to real life with a job and no more student loans... some day! (wait that then mean you have to pay them back hummmm) Your pool looks wonderful. You have to have one to beat that southern heat and humidity.

Starley Family said...

Wow that looks like a sweet pool Ames. Especially since we don't have one here in CA...so sad. Ah well we just invite ourselves over to Brenden and Elizabeth Selway's house to swim...

Oh and Congrats Bryce on the new job. It feels good to be gainfully employed.

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

Congratulations you guys!! We are excited for you. Is that your house too? WOW moving up!! Double wide to mansion?
Glad you like to job... You guys have it all together. We are still a little behind.. haven't started working, and we are officially homeless.
Have a great time in Georgia.
Talk to you later.

Lawson Family said...

You're making me really excited for Mark to start his work...we're still waiting for his liscense.

The pool looks really great!
Any pictures of were you live?

Jansen said...

45 minutes?! Back at UMBC I would have just finished my cold testing and still be in line to get my pre-op radiograph. Assistants are great! I just started Sat. at my moonlighting gig and the first patient was an EXT #1, #3 DO. For the sake of the non-dental readers, I won't disclose how many wizzies the ave dental student pulls during his/her education, but I thought about that OMS clerkship and how that would have been nice to do! All went well and the day flew by when assitants clean up your mess and set you up for the next one.
Your pool looks sweet--Wish we had one of those around this time of year!

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have to stop enjoying Georgia so much. If I'm ever going to get you back west, we'll have to put a stop to all fun Georgia stuff! Just kidding. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, and Bryce I have to agree with the wonderful world of 4 handed dentistry. My first patient today needed 4 MOLB composites and 2 wizzies extracted. I did all of it in 2 hours. Nice!