Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Parents Visit

So my parents came and visited. It was so nice to see them and the kids had a blast with them. Unfortunately they only stayed for 5 days. It was great b/c this was the first time that anyone has ever come to visit us when I have felt like we had plenty of room for the sleeping arrangements. It is all thanks to our new place. The parents and Dan stayed over there at night. I think it was nice for them to not have to wake up every time the kids did. While they were here we went downtown one day and saw some of the sights.
The Aquarium: The Georgia Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world!!This is us in front of the Jelly fish. They were a really bright orange. They had this underwater tunnel that you walk through and the fish swim over your head.

They have little domes under the main tank that you can look up at the fish.After the Aquarium we walked over to Olympic Centennial park. This is a big park where a lot of the Olympic ceremonies were. They have a fountain and the kids couldn't help themselves they just had to get wet. All in all it was very fun having the parents here. After they left Jackson kept asking when they were coming over. Fortunately we will be visiting them in July so that isn't too far away.

9 comments:

The Parents said...

Hey, you took my pictures I was going to use on my blog! I was just getting ready to blog and mine said you had just blogged 2 hours ago so I look here and b-zing you used my favorite picture! It was such a great visit! We all had a grrreat time. Thanks again, my teeth still feel great! Love to all, Mom, Mary, Nana

Lance and Caetie said...

Man, I feel gyped! Why didn't we go to the aquarium??
Caetie

Katie said...

Hey dudes! I did get your message AND call you back - what gives? strange. I invited you to Pensacola with us for Memorial Day. And I invited ourselves over for the weekend of June 5th. Will that work for yous guys? I think I still have Amy's message saved on my phone so I will try to get the right numbers off of it. I must have called the wrong one. Anyway, looks like you guys had fun with the pare pare. We are expecting similar treatment.

Starley Family said...

Sweet! I love the fountains in front. Glad you guys were able to appreciate them!

Grandma Lois said...

I really felt bad that I didn't get to come to Georgia withJeff and Mary, but I am sure looking forward to seeing you and Lance and families in July. Love Grandma Lois

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

How much fun!! We love to have visitors, dont you!! Did they LOVE the new house? I sure would!! I loved the Jelly fish.. The only ones we see are the squishy ones dead on the beach.

Starley Family said...

Sorry so many responses but YES we would love to get together! You will have to let us know when you will be available!!!

Tracy said...

Hey! I was so excited when I saw that it was you that left me a comment. Long time no talk! How are you? You're kids are adorable! Where are you living?

Tracy said...

Wait a minute.....do you live in Atlanta??????